Thursday 21 July 2011

What's Real

I know the story of my birth, the parade the gifts because I was the first girl.  But it was until years later that my mom gave me the full information of the reason for the Parade.  My dad made a bet with the men in his band that he played with on the weekend, that I was going to be a girl.  That was the reason for my big parade.  It doesn't matter why they did it I just loved the look in my moms eyes as she would tell me about it.  So it doesn't matter that they celebrated because of a bet.  It is real that they celebrated.
I think back a great deal of all the stories my mom has shared with me and I hold them all so precious.  Because they always help to remember where I came from and how far I have traveled.
 I remember what must of been a dream, of a Christmas  with snow covering the ground.  I had to be about four or five years old but the memory all was there.  I know it had to be a dream because I don't remember my parents having a TV in Belize.  It stayed with me always. And when I celebrated a great Christmas as a adult with my family and kids it brought back to mind that memory that was a dream that became a reality.

No comments:

Post a Comment